The goal of the project is to create a National Laboratory for Photonics and Quantum Technologies. It is a distributed laboratory structure created by a consortium of scientific institutions: 7 partners (including 5 universities) from 6 voivodships. The project implements and establishes, the following research infrastructure:
– distribution system for frequency reference signals based on an optical atomic clock and PIONIER fiber optic network supporting the most important academic centers in Poland and selected commercial partners,
– a network of scientific laboratories specializing in photonics,
– a network of scientific laboratories conducting research in the domain of quantum technologies.
The project is implemented by a consortium of scientific institutions:
– Faculty of Physics of the University of Warsaw – leader of the NLPQT consortium
– Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences
– The Silesian Technical University
– Wroclaw University of Science and Technology
– Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences – Poznań Center
Supercomputing and Networking
– Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin
– Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń
Potential recipients of the results and research infrastructure established under and as part of the NLPQT project are both other research institutions and commercial recipients, industry looking for advanced solutions.