OPENQKD has the ambition to reinforce Europe’s global position at the forefront of quantum communication capabilities. The goal of the project is to develop and implement technologies related to quantum communication in commercial and operational environment networks. The specific goals are to:
– demonstrate the transparent integration of quantum-safe solutions broadly across the European digital landscape, in commercial, operational and research and education networks.
– establish several open QKD testbeds plus smaller demonstrators to promote network functionality and use-cases to potential end-users and relevant stakeholders.
– develop an innovation ecosystem and training ground and help to grow the technology and solution supply chains for quantum communication technologies and services.
– develope documents standardizing solutions in the field of Quantum Key Distribution technology and quantum communication
– create solutions and foundations for future European Quantum Communication Infrastructure
OpenQKD is an efficient combination of large number of various partners. The project is implemented by partners forming a scientific and industrial consortium consistent with the project’s objectives. The consortium consists of a variety of players, including network service providers, global providers of telecommunication equipment, innovative high-tech SMEs, and high-performance research, innovation centers and academic partners, with demonstrable track in various fields of quantum technologies, security, optical networking, and telecommunication network management.