Skills4EOSC core objective is to advance Open Science (OS) skills by unifying the current training landscape into a common and trusted pan-European ecosystem, closing the three gaps identified in the EOSC Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) in relation to OS competences:
- lack of Open Science and data expertise,
- lack of a clear definition of data professional profiles and corresponding career paths,
- fragmentation in training resources.
The project design rests on six pillars:
- Minimum Viable Skillsets (MVS)
- Training-of-Trainers (ToT)
- FAIR-by-design methodology for learning materials
- Harmonised curricula and learning paths
- Lifelong learning through professional networks
- Skills4EOSC Competence Centre and support network
The project is implemented by a consortium of 44 partners from 18 countries, including universities, museums and research institutes from all over Europe, and Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center.