The current TOP500 list of the world’s fastest supercomputers has been announced at the Supercomputing conference. The PSNC supercomputing system Altair is at #221 (63,360 Cores, 3.53 Rmax (PFlop/s) position. Among the most powerful computers there are also three other Polish machines (all from ACK Cyfronet AGH): Athena (47,616 Cores, 5.05 Rmax [PFlop/s]) at #155th, Helios (75,264 Cores, 2.89 Rmax [PFlop/s]) at #291 and Ares (37,824 Cores, 2.34 Rmax [PFlop/s]) at #404.
During sc23 you will be able to talk to us and learn more about the development of our infrastructure.
EuroQCS-Poland, based on trapped ions will be located at PSNC. It is a digital, gate-based quantum computer offering 20-plus physical qubits. The system will be integrated into the local high-performance computing (HPC) infrastructure allowing for remote access via the co-located supercomputer connected to the PIONIER NREN.
We have a wide range of services and applications and our portfolio includes, among others, projects implemented in the field of digital science, industry and social innovation.
PRACE-LAB the primary goal of the project is to increase the competitiveness of the scientific community and the economy, with particular emphasis on SMEs, on international markets. Thanks to the implementation of development works, it is planned to improve the position of the Polish ICT sector by supporting and strengthening the development of innovative solutions.
During the SC23 conference, our experts will be happy to tell you about the projects that we have been implementing for 30 years, both for research institutions, scientific communities and business.
Visit our booth number 1809 to learn more about our research and development center. Maybe this will be the first step to start cooperation with us? See, who you can meet and talk to during sc23.
PIONIER Consortium was established in 2003 and includes the PIONIER fiber optic network, which is one of the most modern in the world. It is a key component of the IT infrastructure of science in Poland and is part of the European Research Area.
IT infrastructure, including access to high-power computing, is a condition of development for many fields of science. Since the beginning of its existence, PIONIER is an active partner of scientific teams from many fields of activity.
PIONIER network is evolving towards terabit bandwidths, offering services to support digital innovation.
Members of PIONIER Consortium:
- PSNC – Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center, Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry PAS
- Academic City Computer Network, West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin
- CI TASK Information Centre, Gdansk University of Technology
- CYFRONET AGH University of Science and Technology, Cracow
- CZESTMAN Częstochowa University of Technology
- ICM University of Warsaw
- KIELMAN University of Technology, Kielce
- KOSMAN Koszalin University of Technology
- LODMAN Lodz University of Technology
- LUBMAN Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin
- NASK National Research Institute, Warsaw
- OLMAN Municipal Computer Network Olsztyn
- BIAMAN Bialystok University of Technology
- Silesian Academic Computer Network, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice
- PULMAN Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation, Puławy
- RAMAN Municipal Computer Network, Radom
- Rzeszow City Computer Network, Rzeszow University of Technology
- TORMAN Nicolaus Copernicus University, Toruń
- MAN-OPOLE Municipal Computer Network
- BYDMAN Bydgoszcz University of Technology
- WCSS Wrocław Centre for Networking and Supercomputing, Wroclaw University of Technology
- ZIELMAN University of Zielona Góra
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center (PSNC) affiliated to the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences is an internationally known node of the European Research Area in the field of IT infrastructure of science and an important R&D center in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT).
As a development centre of e-Infrastructure, PSNC designed and built the Metropolitan Network POZMAN, High Performance Computing Center and the national broadband network PIONIER, maintained and still developed by PSNC.
See up close, the place where was located the first quantum computer in Poland. We invite you for a virtual and panoramic tour of our headquarters, during which we will take a look at the server room, the roof and the network operating center. Watch >>>